Covid Vaccine issues

Matt

Re: Covid Vaccine issues

Post by Matt »

A few weeks ago I walked my dog past a local church. I saw a queue of people waiting outside and rolled my eyes at their folly, using religious exemption to excuse a mass gathering during a pandemic. What fools. This morning I arranged my covid jab and discovered the the queue I'd despaired of previously was for a vaccination clinic. I'll be joining that queue on Wednesday morning.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

We went for a walk with the dog along the beach this morning - couple of miles in bright sunshine - very pleasant.

But on the way back I started feeling very odd - completely wiped out, aching, headache.

Got home - went straight to bed and just got up.

I didn't expect that - never had anything like that before from a vax.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Michael Marshall has just announced that he has been Pfizered.

He's 37 :???:
Matt

Post by Matt »

I've just been AstraZeneca'd I'm 47 and vulnerable.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Great news Matt.

I think Marsh was as surprised as anyone else to get vaxxed so young - I don't think he has any vulnerabilities.

He's on FB - have a look - I think he puts it down to them making best use of available slots.

A relative started trying to book at Ashton Gate at the same time as me but didn't qualify (on age - she's 60, I'm 64) until Tuesday. She had the same experience as I did on Sunday - very few people there - so maybe there is a problem with organisation.

Incidentally Matt, be prepared for a bad day the day after your jab. By no means all people do but I felt pretty shitty.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yes advised work not not to book anything critical for thursday/friday. So far only side effect is very slight dead arm like a small child has punched me in the deltoid. However was warned that feeling cold or fluey for 48-72 hours is not unexpected and that if I experience any covid like symptoms in this period I may safely discount them as vaccine side effects but should feel free to call 111 if worried.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Just been reading through this thread. Had my jab earlier today too. No ill effects so far, apart from the tiredness (which I have been experiencing anyway for some time prior to this - after several years in remission from cancer, recently been diagnosed with a recurrence and surgery/treatment is imminent). Everything crossed for tomorrow though - as I have to attend hospital tomorrow for a crucial CT scan. OTOH, probably best place to be if any of those side effects do occur. Fair distance to drive to get there though, at a heavy-traffic time in the evening too - so preferable not to experience anything like Tony's scary account whilst driving!
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Ouch - sorry to hear that, Ketchup. I hope all goes well.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Best of luck Ketchup. Make sure that you pull over at the first sign on anything untoward.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Back home in one piece. No nasty incidents, and feeling no different than I did this morning, so hopefully escaped any after-effects from the vaccine yesterday.
Just as I was going into the Imaging area, a guy was coming out handcuffed to another man all in black (presumably a prison officer).
The whole thing didn't take very long at all, and when I emerged from the hospital was just in time to catch the most beautiful, dramatic sunset.
Made my visit there all worthwhile. :cool:
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Glad it all went well Ketchup. Seems to be a lottery - who is affected and who isn't.

Strangely when I was in the Bristol Breast centre (not for my benefit I might add) there was a girl in the waiting room handcuffed to another (very large) uniformed woman. Made me wonder how they manage during the actual procedure.

ps 1: Speaking to one of the nurses, they get a lot of prisoners in like that. There is a feeling some of them make stuff up just so they get a day out.

ps 2: Is 'Bristol Breast Centre' a tautology?
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Just seen this news clip from The Guardian's live coronavirus updates: :shock:
South Korean authorities are investigating the deaths of two people, both with pre-existing conditions, who died within days of receiving AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine, Reuters reports.
One is a 63-year-old nursing home patient with cerebrovascular disease, who developed symptoms including high fever after being given the vaccine four days ago and died after showing symptoms of blood poisoning and pneumonia.
Another nursing home patient in his 50s with a cardiac disorder and diabetes died on Wednesday after suffering multiple heart attacks, having received the vaccine a day earlier, according to Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency.
KDCA said it is investigating the cause of the deaths, but did not confirm any causal relationship to the vaccine. The agency earlier said it will provide compensation of over 430m won ($383,466) for deaths from the Covid-19 vaccine.
More here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKCN2AV0D5
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Means little without context.

South Korea is a big country - I expect they have vaccinated many people a few of whom will have died since anyway.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Am I the only one who finds mention of "the Brazilian variant" somehow vaguely obscene? :???: :gmc
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Just you Tony - never crossed my mind. :D