Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's team.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's team.

Post by bindeweede »

Earlier this year I found myself standing outside a major theatre, on the receiving end of a tirade of abuse from John Morgan – the husband and manager of TV psychic Sally Morgan. John threatened me with violence, told me that I would be “lifted” and “disappear” – he told me he even knew where I worked.
(Mark Tilbrook is a skeptical activist and a member of the Greater Manchester Skeptics Society, campaigning for honest and free public discourse about the claims of pseudoscience.)

http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog ... lly-morgan
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's tea

Post by bindeweede »

And a link to the "offending" leaflet.

http://i.imgur.com/BgA9VLt.png
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Clearly absolutely zero libellous to Sally Morgan or any other self proclaimed 'psychic' in that leaflet, no doubt why the legal threats were apparently dropped.

As for the threats made by the husband of Sally Morgan, I am not clear whether Mark has a recording (audio or video) of the incidents he reports? If he does it would be marvellous if he took legal action.

As a follow up Good Thinking have initiated the Psychic Awareness Month campaign, with an extension of the leafleting campaign. See here:

http://goodthinkingsociety.org/projects ... ess-month/

If anyone is prepared to take part then contact Michael Marshall at GT.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Dubious Dick wrote:If anyone is prepared to take part then contact Michael Marshall at GT.
But DD, they already have all the volunteers they need ...
we currently have all the volunteers we need. The leafleting will involve a small group of no more than four skeptics quietly and politely offering leaflets to any audience members who would like one.

We believe it is important that everybody is free to offer fair criticism and comment without the threat of undue legal action and verbal/physical intimidation. This is essential in order to help determine what is true and what is not.
:roll: :lol: :ce

Here's a good thought for the "Good Thinking" crew .............

Get a life, guys!
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

"Get a life"?

Are you suggesting that informing the public about the tricks of the trade, and potentially saving them from wastefully spending their money on completely useless services is a bad idea?

You mean trying to prevent self proclaimed 'psychics' lining their pockets with the hard earned cash of the grieving and vulnerable is not a worthwhile enterprise?

You mean that it is acceptable that people use trickery to pretend to talk to the dead is an honourable profession?

You may want to check out GT in more detail. This is just one initiative among others, and hopefully it can be grown to take on many more targets.

Of course, if any of them them can credibly prove they can do what they claim they will be left alone.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Dubious Dick wrote:You may want to check out GT in more detail.
If that was a question(?), the answer is NO.

I have already seen enough "detail" regarding these comic book heroes.
Just the usual suspects under a different guise ...........

Can anyone spot the blatant flaw in "detail" here: The skeptic's "uphill struggle" ?
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Meanwhile Sally really plumbs the depths...

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey- ... ns-7913186
The girlfriend of a Woking cyclist who died during this year's RideLondon-Surrey has said she feels upset, betrayed and confused after celebrity psychic Sally Morgan appeared to bring up his death to an audience of hundreds.
A spokesman for Sally Morgan Enterprises said: “We have spoken with Nicola - she isn’t ready to speak with Sally, however we are assisting her as best we can.

“We have made it known that we are available for her should she wish to contact us.

"We would like to confirm that for us this is a very private matter and one that we will only liaise with Nicola on.”
Apparently people in the audience have been contacting Nicola with the revelations about 'what happened that night'. Which was of course, very obviously, that Sally had done a bit of homework before the show.

These people are truly stupid.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

And to show you just how much love and light there is in the Sally Morgan camp, here is the video of the incident where Mark Tilbrook gets threatend by the lovely Sally entourage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdvA7Lu1jM

If Mark has not already reported them to the Police I have urged him to do so. Absolutely disgusting!

Now Ketchup can you see why we must bring these vile people down a peg or two? Not only do they prey on the vulnerable, but try to protect their dirty money in such a stylish way!
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

The hateful homophobia displayed makes me absolutely sick.

Can't wait to hear how super Sal explains this away! Does she support her hubby and son in law?

Total thugs!
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Dubious Dick wrote:And to show you just how much love and light there is in the Sally Morgan camp, here is the video of the incident where Mark Tilbrook gets threatend by the lovely Sally entourage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdvA7Lu1jM

If Mark has not already reported them to the Police I have urged him to do so. Absolutely disgusting!

Now Ketchup can you see why we must bring these vile people down a peg or two? Not only do they prey on the vulnerable, but try to protect their dirty money in such a stylish way!
That's unbelievable! Definitely take it to the police. And get it to the widest audience possible.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

I am trying to spread it around as much as possible. Tweet it and Facebook it as much as you can!

Suppose the positive things are that it shows they have no confidence in the validity of her claims, and that they are desperate to protect their cash COW!
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Ketchup wrote:
Dubious Dick wrote:You may want to check out GT in more detail.
If that was a question(?), the answer is NO.

I have already seen enough "detail" regarding these comic book heroes.
Just the usual suspects under a different guise ...........

Can anyone spot the blatant flaw in "detail" here: The skeptic's "uphill struggle" ?
No - actually. Had a look through and can't see much wrong...
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Dubious Dick wrote:The hateful homophobia displayed makes me absolutely sick.

Can't wait to hear how super Sal explains this away! Does she support her hubby and son in law?

Total thugs!
Agreed. And isn't calling Chris French a liar libellous?
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Sally & John – The Happy Couple

http://www.sallymorgan.tv/happycouple/

'What’s the key to a long and happy marriage?

It has to be honesty and being able to compromise and agree with each other.'

So Sal, you agree with all that vile homophobia he spewed out, and the threats do you? NICE!

Oh, by the way, on that same page you can win a John mug. Seems appropriate!

P.S. This morning the video had 300 views. It is now over 8000.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

This statement has been released by Sally Morgan Enterprises (the Enterprises bit kind of gives away her level of sincerity).

'
SME Statement

Sally Morgan Enterprises would like to apologise for any offence caused by the material. Since April 2014, Mark Tilbrook has targeted Sally Morgan’s live performances; handing out leaflets to audience members. On several occasions theatre staff have had to call the police in order to get him removed.

Given the abuse Sally has endured over the past three years, which have included severe death threats and incidences of stalking; Sally was left fearing for her own safety once again.

Due to the continual presence of Mark Tilbrook and John Morgan’s ever-growing concern for Sally, he reacted angrily and out of character.

Sally was not aware of the comments made in this video. She is very upset by the events, does not condone any of the behaviour and can only assume that this was the cause of persistent hounding that lead to this altercation.

Although the Psychic Awareness month hosted by Good Thinking Society has come to light in recent weeks, the original leaflet given out by Mark Tilbrook contained different information which both Sally and SME felt made targeted references to her and not psychics in general, hence why legal advice has been taken. '

It is of course complete tosh. As anyone can tell from the video, Mark was entirely calm, unthreatening and reasonable. The leaflet he was handing out was also entirely reasonable and completely non-libellous. It did not refer directly to Sally Morgan. And where is the evidence of stalking and death threats?

The only conclusion is that they are getting desperate and know what a threat this is to their money making scheme.

This is the leaflet Mark was handing out:

http://goodthinkingsociety.org/wp-conte ... eaflet.png