The Queen of the Night and top F.

bindeweede
Site Admin

The Queen of the Night and top F.

Post by bindeweede »

Someone has collected a number of great performances. You have to allow for variable sound quality, tempo and weight of voice, but I'd vote for 2 older voices, Lucia Popp and Edita Gruberova, probably because I fell in love with their voices in the 80s, and Diana Damrau.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

ETA. From the sublime to.... Meryl Streep as Florence Foster Jenkins. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Foster_Jenkins

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: The Queen of the Night and top F.

Post by bindeweede »

Only stumbled across this tonight - the wonderful Arleen Auger (September 13, 1939 – June 10, 1993). Dated sound and not the most dramatic of performances, but a stunning voice.

Tinkerbell

Re: The Queen of the Night and top F.

Post by Tinkerbell »

:D Strangely enough i just watched the FFJ movie the other night - really enjoyed it, and it's true! You can find recordings of her on youtube. For Streep to sing like that, well a bit like Les Dawson on the piano I guess