Garden photos competition

Tony.Williams

Garden photos competition

Post by Tony.Williams »

A wonderful variety of superb pics - the winner shown below is just amazing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-42960835

chaggle

Re: Garden photos competition

Post by chaggle »

Right - amazing!! :eek:
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Sorry, only just got round to viewing the link. Amazingly beautiful images. And how fortunate for the photographers to have been there and then. The dried flowers pic so impressive even on my phone...impressionistic, even.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

bindeweede wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:35 pm Sorry, only just got round to viewing the link. Amazingly beautiful images. And how fortunate for the photographers to have been there and then. The dried flowers pic so impressive even on my phone...impressionistic, even.
Not dried, apparently, just catching the sun: ""Marcio has captured a spectacular vision of plant life in the Cerrado, displaying the beautiful flowers of Paepalanthus chiquitensis, stretching out on countless filaments towards the first light of the rising sun."

This is what the flowers look like in more normal lighting:

chaggle

Post by chaggle »

I wonder if Bindeweede meant this one...

... which caught my eye as well.

It and a couple of others - notably the lillypads, don't seem to be just photographs - they are certainly composed and seem to me to be post-processed - although I could be wrong about that.

I do such things and see little wrong with it but I wonder what level of post-processing is acceptable in a photo competition.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Ah, I see.

I believe they had different categories in the competition. The caption to the lilypads pic says:
Cathryn Baldock won the Abstract category by overlaying multiple lily pads to show their beauty and intricacy.