A modest proposal

Tony.Williams

A modest proposal

Post by Tony.Williams »

(With apologies to Jonathan Swift...)

I am surprised that this government hasn't so far proposed a simple three-stage solution to various of the problems afflicting us (although I suspect that Priti Patel may be thinking of something along these lines :twisted: ).

Stage 1: Reopen the schools, but make attendance voluntary. Permanently. The educationally hopeless cases will of course not attend, thereby saving a lot of money in providing staffing for them, with the bonus that classes will be easier to teach without them. Provide on-line basic self-education for anyone who wants it, at minimal cost.

Stage 2: Reserve all of those unpopular jobs - fruit and veg harvesting, looking after old people, cleaning drains etc - for the uneducated masses which will result, with work gangs being organised. Insist that all those physically capable of doing this work must do so, otherwise all unemployment and other benefits will be cancelled. This will save vast sums of money, as well as drastically reducing immigration.

Stage 3: End lockdown and encourage social gathering. This will mostly hit the elderly, thereby saving the pension funds huge sums.

And there we have it - a brave new, affordable, world! :yay
chaggle

Re: A modest proposal

Post by chaggle »

Yup - not much wrong with that. :???:
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Matt

Post by Matt »

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Nice one!
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

A bit OT but that reminded me of this for some reason...

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

A classic!