Forum Availability.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Forum Availability.

Post by bindeweede »

I've received an email telling me "Your skepticsforum.co.uk web hosting account exceeded one or more of its resources within the last 12 hours.

Exceeded the virtual memory limit of 524288KB. Your website was not available 2296 times because of this problem."

I contacted Ashley who suggested I raise the issue with Envesko Support, which I have. I just wondered if any members have noticed any log in problems over the last few days. I certainly have had no problems.
Any feedback appreciated.
bw
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Forum Availability.

Post by bindeweede »

In just over one hour, I received this email from Brandin, Manager of Client Care at Envesko.

"This morning between 7:37-7:38am (GMT +0) your site had a hiccup in memory which resulted in it not being available. I believe this was due to a large amount of quick entry and exit visits to your site. I do not believe there is anything to be concerned about and please let us know if you receive another email."

I am really impressed by service as efficient as that.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

I noticed nothing.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Same here - no problems.
polomint38

Post by polomint38 »

I didn't notice with the website.
But have been having a few hiccups with my memory of late :ey
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Update from Envesko Services regarding migrations to the new ownership and server. No problems anticipated atm.
All Customer Services will be migrated to the new server April 20th starting at 12am GMT. We anticipate downtime to be minimal.
Just for information.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Some members might have noticed some downtime today. The migration to the new server happened about 3.30am, but I did receive an email saying to expect "a period of time where your account may appear "suspended" (on the old server) while DNS is propagating to the new server (usually a few hours, at maximum, 48 hours)." I have only just been able to access the forum - to do with ISPs also updating their DNS information, Brandin patiently explained to me.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

I received an email today from Brandin at Envesko.

"This message is to notify you of scheduled maintenance that is occurring May 28, 2019, from 8am-8pm Central." I believe this forum will be affected between 2pm and 2am BST.

"During this time, all services will be offline while we migrate our server from Chicago to Kansas City. This migration required as our upstream provider is closing their facility. We have been working with this and other providers diligently to have the smallest window of downtime, and the best option was to relocate our services to Kansas City. The choice to relocate to Kansas City was one that was made carefully and with the interest of our customers in mind. This was the best decision for long-term stability and to avoid an increase in our costs which would require price increases. Due to the datacenter, we are moving to, we are fortunate that no price increases will be introduced to our clients."

The email contained additional detail which I'll be happy to copy to any members requiring it.

bw.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

UPDATE. The server migration has been brought forward and will start to take effect from 11pm tonight. The process will hopefully be completed by 1pm May 28th.

All services will be off-line while the server is migrated from Chicago to Kansas City.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

The server migration took longer than hoped, but was completed around 00.45 BST this morning.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

There have been a few access issues today. Envesko are aware and looking in to the server overload.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

bindeweede wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:14 pm There have been a few access issues today. Envesko are aware and looking in to the server overload.
No problems getting in to the forum today, just a wee bit slow and stiff in moving around the place once in - although best not blame the server for that as it's pretty much the norm for me these days wherever I am. :mrgreen:
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Matt

Post by Matt »

Had DNS Failure, SQL Failure, Slow, page doesn't exist after I clicked on it.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Matt, yes, they've had major issues. Post on Twitter reads, "We've deployed 3rd party engineers to help debug and resolve the issue of abnormally high server load. "

Forum seems to be loading speedily, atm.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Visitors might have noticed that the forum was down for about 90 minutes, from about 4.30pm. This was due to server problems in Kansas City.
If there is more downtime, it should be for no more than a few minutes.