Changing board style.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Changing board style.

Post by bindeweede »

The default style for the new forum is called "Prosilver". However, members here have a choice of four others if they prefer to use them.
Go to User Control Panel, click "Board Preferences" tab then select "Edit Global Settings" in the left hand panel. Select the style you want in "My Board Style".
The style called "Subsilver2" is similar to the default, but will place avatars on the left-hand side of the forum, for those who are easily confused. ;)
Ashley.S.

Re: Changing board style.

Post by Ashley.S. »

I suppose I should install: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... subsilver/ to replace subsilver2 and then do some CSS changes so the avatars are on the left side for you as an alternative style? Otherwise I can install https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _switcher/ instead and you can maintain one style instead ;)
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider rep ]
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

I swapped [temporarily]over to SubSilver style - which, on the whole, I do prefer. Just to point out, however, that in that style the last 's' of the Skeps logo is cut off - and also the 'Online' diagonal notification bar remains on the right-hand side of the board and overlaps the 'Reply with quote' button.

ETA:

Hey, Speedy Gonzalez! (Ashley) - Both issues fixed already! Super! Thank you.
Last edited by Ketchup on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Ketchup wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 pm I swapped [temporarily]over to SubSilver style - which, on the whole, I do prefer. Just to point out, however, that in that style the last 's' of the Skeps logo is cut off - and also the 'Online' diagonal notification bar remains on the right-hand side of the board and overlaps the 'Reply with quote' button.
I've been quietly working on it, please refresh your browser cache (Ctrl+F5) and it should resolve itself ;)
Kind Regards,
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Ashley.S. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:06 pm
Ketchup wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 pm I swapped [temporarily]over to SubSilver style - which, on the whole, I do prefer. Just to point out, however, that in that style the last 's' of the Skeps logo is cut off - and also the 'Online' diagonal notification bar remains on the right-hand side of the board and overlaps the 'Reply with quote' button.
I've been quietly working on it, please refresh your browser cache (Ctrl+F5) and it should resolve itself ;)
Yep - I added an ETA to my post above.
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Now, as an active member @Ketchup was there any other style options available? Or was it just prosilver (modern) and subsilver (classic) ?
Kind Regards,
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Ashley.S. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 pm Now, as an active member @Ketchup was there any other style options available? Or was it just prosilver (modern) and subsilver (classic) ?
Just the two: 'ProSilver' and 'AllanStyle SUBSILVER' (I have chosen the latter)
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Ketchup wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm
Ashley.S. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 pm Now, as an active member @Ketchup was there any other style options available? Or was it just prosilver (modern) and subsilver (classic) ?
Just the two: 'ProSilver' and 'AllanStyle SUBSILVER' (I have chosen the latter)
I'm referring to the old board hosted at ProphpBB e.g. prosilver, subsilver2, a dark style, etc. I am only taking an educated guess based on the OP :D
Kind Regards,
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

That second 'Online' button change is definitely better - and I love the fact that the posts are numbered now. (Was that also in the Prosilver? Not sure, but if it was - it wasn't so noticeable).
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Ketchup wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:16 pm That second 'Online' button change is definitely better - and I love the fact that the posts are numbered now. (Was that also in the Prosilver? Not sure, but if it was - it wasn't so noticeable).
No, it appears ProSilver uses an image instead of a number
Kind Regards,
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Ashley.S. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:14 pmI'm referring to the old board hosted at ProphpBB e.g. prosilver, subsilver2, a dark style, etc. I am only taking an educated guess based on the OP :D
Oh sorry ... gotcha. AFAIK, we members had NO choice of style on the old board. So, it's rather exciting now with all these changes now on offer (changes for the better - as opposed to the TTT type of changes that all ProphpBB forums are currently being forced to endure).

(TTT = TapatalkTerroristTakeover)

I've just realised ......... The OP here is an old post - from about 2 years ago! I had just assumed it was something posted recently here since the new board was created. :mrgreen:

DURR
Last edited by Ketchup on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

No worries, I'll wait for the boss to let me know. Not too bad for a days work eh :D
Kind Regards,
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Ashley.S. wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 pm No worries, I'll wait for the boss to let me know. Not too bad for a days work eh :D
Happy for members to have a choice of styles if they wish. Another 2 or 3 to add, if it doesn't cause any probs?

(And a brilliant day's work, I should add.) :beer
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

No problem, I'll get a few more styles installed. How does https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/revolution/ & https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/hexagon/ sound? A nice mixture of light and dark :)
Kind Regards,
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Sounds good. Here - have one on me!