Will the UK finally get a football team?

chaggle

Re: Will the UK finally get a football team?

Post by chaggle »

polomint38 wrote:
chaggle wrote: For info it shows a team of overweight amateur men beating a very fit looking, professional Brazilian women's team 7 - 1.
How overweight?
Slightly overweight like a sumo wrestler or as big as Bob.
:rofl :rofl
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
OfficialFarsideMoon

Post by OfficialFarsideMoon »

Watching some good old British egg ball today, I did come to the conclusion, that whilst I still like watching the odd bit of american egg ball, that the major failing in their game is the in ability to have the same group of people playing defence and offense. It's not really a proper sport if you have to switch the whole team in and out as they can only remember half the tactics.
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

OfficialFarsideMoon wrote:Watching some good old British egg ball today, I did come to the conclusion, that whilst I still like watching the odd bit of american egg ball, that the major failing in their game is the in ability to have the same group of people playing defence and offense. It's not really a proper sport if you have to switch the whole team in and out as they can only remember half the tactics.
That is a relatively new development, and not followed by high school teams.
Yes, that one.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
OfficialFarsideMoon wrote:Watching some good old British egg ball today, I did come to the conclusion, that whilst I still like watching the odd bit of american egg ball, that the major failing in their game is the in ability to have the same group of people playing defence and offense. It's not really a proper sport if you have to switch the whole team in and out as they can only remember half the tactics.
That is a relatively new development, and not followed by high school teams.
Don't quite follow Abdul. they've certainly been doing it for as long as I've been watching - about 30 years. Wiki says
Under the modern rules of American football, teams are allowed unlimited substitutions

Is that very recent?
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

I'll be at Murrayfield in 2 weeks time Farside - see you in the crowd maybe?
OfficialFarsideMoon

chaggle wrote:I'll be at Murrayfield in 2 weeks time Farside - see you in the crowd maybe?
Probably not...unless someone gives me a free ticket. Although I think I've been to two Scotland England games in the past.

I only go when Ireland visit :thumb:
OfficialFarsideMoon

Dylan Hartley, now there's a disaster waiting to happen.

Besides his outstanding disciplinary record, he's never struck me as the deep thinking type. I wonder how we will cope with having to manage the game as well as concentrating on avoiding stamping on someone's face.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

OfficialFarsideMoon wrote:Dylan Hartley, now there's a disaster waiting to happen.

Besides his outstanding disciplinary record, he's never struck me as the deep thinking type. I wonder how we will cope with having to manage the game as well as concentrating on avoiding stamping on someone's face.
Odd one that isn't it?

The big worry is that refs will pick him out.

Eddie Jones is big on aggression in the forwards and putting England back up where they belong which is where the rest of the world is fearful of the power of their pack.

I'm not good on forwards and forward play - my expertise starts at no.9 and works outwards from there - but I have it on good authority that the winning teams which are New Zealand, New Zealand reserves and ...um... New Zealand thirds are the dirtiest bastards in rugby - they just don't let themselves get caught.

Maybe he thinks we need a bit more of that?
OfficialFarsideMoon

Well he kept his head down and had a quiet game....like most of the England pack apart from Vunipola who was outstanding.

Efficiency and playing the percentages won England the game while Scotland....well, they were Scotland.

Felt it was two disappointing teams to be honest, but my fear is that Ireland will be just as disappointing this season.

Off to put a wee wager on a Welsh grand slam I think.....
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

I will watch it 'properly' when I get home but yes Vunipola was immense. I think the England defence was as good as I've ever seen.