Solar powered 'Self-Filling water bottle' .

bindeweede
Site Admin

Solar powered 'Self-Filling water bottle' .

Post by bindeweede »

It does however get depressing sometimes seing someone trot out a clearly stupid idea (like fontus), get $300 000 of crowd funder money, and design awards. They then proceeded to work out that I was right all along, and eventually reinvent a very VERY poor ripoff of a commercial peltier dehumidifier.
.... and now... after all that..... they've just won a 'top 4 Austrian startup' award.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Video could do with a fair bit of editing, imo, but still worth watching.
Matt

Re: Solar powered 'Self-Filling water bottle' .

Post by Matt »

bindeweede wrote:
It does however get depressing sometimes seing someone trot out a clearly stupid idea (like fontus), get $300 000 of crowd funder money, and design awards. They then proceeded to work out that I was right all along, and eventually reinvent a very VERY poor ripoff of a commercial peltier dehumidifier.
.... and now... after all that..... they've just won a 'top 4 Austrian startup' award.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Video could do with a fair bit of editing, imo, but still worth watching.
Very true but Thunderfart still gets on my pecs.
chaggle

Re: Solar powered 'Self-Filling water bottle' .

Post by chaggle »

I see Dyson was involved.

Am I allowed to say that I think James Dyson is a bit of a dick and his products are hideously expensive fads? :o

Some of his adverts seem to me to be at least dodgy and possibly barely legal.

He also sponsors Barf Rugby. :s
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con