Bicom bioresonance allergy testing for animals

chaggle

Bicom bioresonance allergy testing for animals

Post by chaggle »

Any thoughts on this?

http://allergytestingforanimals.weebly.com/about.html
We are an allergy testing service providing comprehensive testing for small animals located on the western end of the Costa del Sol.
Bicom Bioresonance testing offers a more comprehensive level of testing as we are able to test your pets foods, treats, medications, supplements as well as any flea/ tick drops and collars.
We email the results to you within 48 hours along with specific recommendations.
This service is used by (and endorsed by) an animal rescue charity in Spain that we support.

It is 40 Euros a time for rescue groups and 100 Euros for Joe public.

It would be politically difficult for me to broach the subject with the (extremely well intentioned) group organisers who are friends of ours but if they are wasting valuable money (including mine) on bogus diagnoses and treatments I should say something.

Of course, they might also be putting animals at risk...
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Croydon13013

Re: Bicom bioresonance allergy testing for animals

Post by Croydon13013 »

It's the same bollocks that has been debunked as a treatment for humans.

Ben Goldacre ten years ago: http://www.badscience.net/2005/11/whos- ... resonance/

Quackwatch, specifically debunking Bicom Bioresonance: http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... nance.html
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Yes - obvious bollocks.

I note that animal allergy testing isn't mentioned anywhere so maybe it's something they thought up themselves.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle this.

I really don't want any of my money given for bogus diagnosis/treatment.

I will have to think about it.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I see your problem. Obviously words like, bogus, scam, quack, con etc are likely to raise hackles and lead to a defensive response. Enquiring about how accurate a diagnostic process is, might work better. Or even how useful a diagnostic process is.

I'm reminded that the background incidence of a condition is a relevant factor in interpreting results.

So consider a diagnostic process that is 99% accurate in terms of both sensitivity and specificity.

99% sensitivity means that out of 100 patients with the condition 99 will be identified, 1 will be mistakenly given the all clear.
99% specificity means that out of 100 patients without the condition 99 will will be correctly given the all clear, however there will be one false positive.

So if you're screened for a condition and receive a positive diagnosis from a 99% accurate test does that mean there is a 99% chance that you genuinely have the condition diagnosed?

Not really. In the special case that 50% of the population being screened do have the condition then this is true. Out of our 200 patients considered above 100 received a positive diagnosis and in 99/100 cases the diagnosis was accurate.

However if the background rate falls to one in a thousand then receiving a positive result may be far less conclusive.

Screen a million people, of them 1000 people have the condition, 990 of those will receive an positive diagnosis.

Of the other 999,000 people without the condition 1% will get a false positive that’s 9,990 people.

So in that scenario a positive diagnosis that is "99% accurate" really means a roughly 1 in 11 chance of genuinely having the condition.

Since no real world diagnostic technique is 100% accurate positive diagnoses should be confirmed through independent methods.

Now I find that fascinating (which may be a little geeky of me) but perhaps it's something that could be discussed with or in the presence of your friends.

Then at some later date you could refer back to it in asking what the background incidence of food allergies is amongst domesticated animals, or what confirmation they get when they get a hit from bioresonance therapy.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

This offer of help has just come up on my FB feed in response to someone who is looking for help in funding conventional treatment for her dog who has Leishmaniasis.
Leishmaniasis is 100% treatable with Bicom Bioresonance, *****, you can see the information on my page Biorresonancia Bicom Para Animales. If you're interested, I would be happy to treat ****** free of charge. Bicom Bioresonance is 100% safe and can be done at the same time as conventional therapy or on its own as the Leishmania infantum starts being eliminated at the time of the first treatment. The liver, kidneys, lymph system and the immune system are also supported. Initial improvement is usually seen by the end of the first week and treatment usually takes about 3 weeks by which time the Leishmania infantum has been totally eliminated.
Others are praising this kind offer and recommending the therapy.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Bioresonance on the Costa del Sol again...

https://www.facebook.com/spanishstraydo ... 724538226/

I've left a message.