The City and the City

Tony.Williams

The City and the City

Post by Tony.Williams »

China Miéville's fantasy novel is to be serialised on BBC2 in four parts, starting on Friday 6 April.

I am looking forward to this one with crossed fingers because the book is one of my favourite novels, but I would expect it to be extremely difficult to portray on screen. My blog review of the book is here: http://sciencefictionfantasy.blogspot.c ... ville.html
Croydon13013

Re: The City and the City

Post by Croydon13013 »

I read the book but must admit that I don't remember it clearly. China M is always worth reading but this one clearly didn't impress me as much as some of the others.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Tony.Williams

Re: The City and the City

Post by Tony.Williams »

It's funny how people respond differently, isn't it? I have read a few books by this author, but the others left me unmoved whereas I thought TCatC was outstanding. I often find this with authors who have a diverse output (which certainly is the case with Miéville), there is one book which stands out for me and it is quite frequently not the same as other readers would choose.

Coincidentally, I regard all but one of Clifford Simak's SF output as being OK but unremarkable, with one exception: 'City', which is a classic!