" Gary Mannion discovers the world "

chaggle

Re: " Gary Mannion discovers the world "

Post by chaggle »

Ketchup - as far as I can see your link is to a forum thread on wikipedia rather than rationalwiki - I might have missed something though.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

chaggle wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:10 am Ketchup - as far as I can see your link is to a forum thread on wikipedia rather than rationalwiki - I might have missed something though.
You might have missed the fact that the link relates to the Editing Pages section of Wikipedia and some of its resident Editors, and the origin and raison d'être of Rationalwiki.

See http://wikipediawehaveaproblem.com/2018 ... roll-farm/
RationalWiki trustees’ David Gerard and psychology professor Trent Toulouse appear to be quite an ambitious confederacy. Both Wikipedia editors, active within the community – maintain RationalWiki as a platform to battle internet cranks, right-wing and conservative politics, and claim to analyze the “anti-science” movement. As if.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Ah - yes thanks I did miss that.

You don't seem that keen on rationalwiki.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

chaggle wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:51 pmYou don't seem that keen on rationalwiki.
I wonder what gave you that idea. :-P
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Ketchup wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:11 pm
chaggle wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:51 pmYou don't seem that keen on rationalwiki.
I wonder what gave you that idea. :-P
I have a gift... :cool:
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Unfortunately, most of the videos of Mannion faking the seance, which appeared in June 2016, are no longer available. The only surviving video is this, as far as I'm aware. As Jon Donnis wrote,"Removing his shirt and swinging it around to create a breeze of body odour!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGwCuKcL4Rd/

(http://www.badpsychics.com/2016/06/gary ... ating.html)
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

This 52 min interview was broadcast on 15 August 2018, the interviewer introduces Gary as "a great friend of Victor and Wendy Zammit", who apparently have been "singing his praises" and think he is "terrific".
Gary Mannion is a young Australian who is a skilled psychic surgeon and a developing physical medium. He shares with us fascinating details about his rare and rapidly-developing gifts.
Image at your peril :fp and Image
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Ketchup wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 pm "a great friend of Victor and Wendy Zammit", who apparently have been "singing his praises" and think he is "terrific".
As you probably know, Victor "Dammit" Zammit is one of the craziest of all the prominent loonies in the world.

He claims to have been a high court judge with degrees in any subject that he ever mentions. He has a $1m challenge, to disprove every word of one of his books to his satisfaction; and thinks that this is somehow equivalent to the old Randi challenge.

He used to be obsessed with James Randi. Constantly denouncing him IN CAPITALS and with lots of exclamation marks!!!!!!!! his main arguments seem to have been that Randi's name sounds funny (irony is dead), that Randi has admitted to being a magician, and lots of SHOUTING vaguely about something that was presumably homophobia but it was actually difficult to be sure.

Zammit website: http://www.victorzammit.com/ Parody: http://www.aaskolnick.com/dammit/
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

From a detailed and lengthy article published in September this year.

"Investigating “Physical Mediums” via Audio Signal
Processing: A Comment on a Recent Approach

A prominent recent example of how a
fraudulent medium was unmasked concerns Gary Mannion. He was long
surrounded by suspicions—especially after a former circle leader and very
close friend of his, Michael Mayo, noted several times in dim light that
Mannion impersonated the “spirits” himself. At a later séance in November
2014, Mayo secretly examined the chair to which Mannion was bound when
sitters at the other end of the room claimed they were touched by a “spirit”
in the dark—and indeed the chair on which the entranced Mannion was
supposed to rest motionless was empty (Anonymous 2016a, Anonymous
2016b). As a result of even more suspicions (Whitham 2016), Mannion
was secretly fi lmed with an infrared camera during a séance on May 1,
2016. This very instructive and recommendable documentation of what
really happens during séances with Mannion is available on the Internet
(Anonymous no date).
In general, it appears to be easy to dupe guest sitters who fasten the ties
around the arms of mediums. Often, they never secured mediums before,
and they are not trained to examine the critical details in September this year.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

bindeweede wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm Unfortunately, most of the videos of Mannion faking the seance, which appeared in June 2016, are no longer available.

Reincarnated here - for anyone who missed first time round:

The original record time of the full film was 1 hour and 47 minutes
All periods of inactivity during the recording have been removed, leaving an edited film time of 1 hour 23 minutes (shared online in two parts) ...

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/5TQWGakz4L8
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/UxnybDQdV9I

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

NB. Edited to embed the actual videos, until they are deleted. bw.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Quite interesting that Mannion's latest effort at deluded self-promotion fails to mention his original claims regarding "Psychic Surgery" and his later exploits with faking seances. Knowing how his claims can be modifed and how whole pages can suddenly disappear, I'll simply copy and paste.
Hi I'm Gary My work background is in international Event Management, Owning and running a pub, I'm a qualified BodyGuard, Private investigator and First Responder I like to think my work background shows that I am quite diverse to whatever role you may be looking for and can bring skills from different areas to what you need My work has been featured in various documentaries for the BBC and Channel 4, Magazines, books, etc. That aside I would love to explore and get back into my love for acting. I'm a fun loving, down to earth professional guy who is happy to put 100% into any role. As I work for myself my diary is very flexible. I can also drive or travel anywhere. I'm available to chat and can send more things such as images and recording upon request.
At least some honesty - "Acting
Acting experience

No previous acting experience"

"Extras
Extras experience

No previous extras experience"

"Modelling
Modeling experience

Beginner, starting out."

https://www.starnow.co.uk/garymannion
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

He mentions owning and running a pub. Could this be the one??
The designated premises supervisor Gary Manion has been removed from the licence and the premises is not to be occupied, managed, directed, controlled or otherwise run by Mr Manion, his agents, the Manion Group or anyone associated with them.{/quote] (9.9.20)

https://www.yellowad.co.uk/troubled-che ... onditions/