"The Sinner."

bindeweede
Site Admin

"The Sinner."

Post by bindeweede »

I've just caught up on episode 3/8 of this US drama which is currently occupying the "International Crime" slot in BBC4's Saturday 9pm fixture. Finding it quite involving, with not only the central juvenile character but also his mother and two of the investigating officers all seeming to have psychological issues of some kind. I'm quite expecting that that the involvement of some sort of religious cult will become apparent, but even if not, I'm likely to follow the series through to its finale.

Wondering if any others have followed it so far.
chaggle

Re: "The Sinner."

Post by chaggle »

No. I'm finding it more and more difficult to find time to watch everything I should what with so much good stuff being produced.

I will catch up on that one for sure.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

I am recording it, as I don't like to wait a week between episodes: I prefer to see at least one per night in order to maintain the pace.

I have been watching another, but clearly very different, new BBC crime series on in the afternoons (now available on I-player). The Mallorca Files is reminiscent of Death in Paradise, a mostly light and amusing series featuring an odd-couple of detectives working for the Mallorcan police: one British and one German.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

We've been watching that too. Very light and entertaining - doesn't tax the grey matter too much - beautiful locations and people - just right for winter afternoons.

Death in Paradise meets Dempsey and Makepeace.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

chaggle wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:27 pm Death in Paradise meets Dempsey and Makepeace.
Funny you should say that - I was reminded of Dempsey & Makepeace as well. It's a good formula for entertainment.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Just caught up on episode 8 of "The Sinner". Last 2 episodes at 21.10 tonight. Not sure why, but Philip Larkin's poem "This Be The Verse" came into my mind.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/ ... -the-verse
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

chaggle wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:27 pm
Death in Paradise meets Dempsey and Makepeace.
Coincidentally I had another reminder about that series today. I was watching a documentary about the chocolate business which was narrated by a woman with suitably warm and chocolatey voice, and noticed in the end credits that she was Glynis Barber. That rang a bell so I looked her up and, yep, she played Sgt Makepeace all those years ago. I think this is dating us....