New COVID rules

chaggle

New COVID rules

Post by chaggle »

Now - 6 people can meet up in a pub - but from no more than 2 households.

From Monday - ANY 6 people can meet up in a pub - 'The Rule of Six' (no mention of households that I can see).

So today if 3 couples from separate households were to meet up in a pub for lunch they would be breaking the rules, but they could do that quite legally from Monday.

This seems to me to be a relaxation of the rules.

Have I understood correctly?
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: New COVID rules

Post by bindeweede »

Chaggle, I expect you've come across stuff like this, or similar. As usual from this incompetent shower, it lacks clarity and precision. Personally, I'm still avoiding pubs and restaurants, but I have returned to volunteering in my charity shop, with mask and visor.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -on-monday
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

BoJo seems to be getting worse. His love of announcing grand projects ("world-beating", inevitably) followed by taking his eye off the ball and ignoring the problems involved in the detailed implementation of these, has surely reached a peak over Covid testing. His wild promise to spend a sum of money on frequent testing of the same order of magnitude as the entire NHS budget, while some people can't get any tests at all, is a head-banging moment.

Generally, he seems to be becoming more Trumpian. I'm not sure whether this is due to:

1. BoJo not listening to any of his advisers (except the Head of Publicity for Barnard Castle).

2. His advisers have given up trying to rein him in.

3. Everyone in No.10 is stupid.

4. Everyone in No.10 thinks that we are all stupid and will swallow this crap.

Of course, these are not mutually exclusive. Any bets?
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

It seems I'm right.

So the pub lunch we had yesterday with two other couples and the same tomorrow (life is one hectic social whirl :roll: ) are illegal but if we do the same on Monday we'll be OK.

The pub gathering on Saturday week of an unknown (but > 6) number of people for a birthday will be illegal and considering the fines involved I suspect the pub won't allow it and we wouldn't go anyway.

Our local has done nothing to record customers (beyond a tatty bit of paper stuck to the wall with a QR code that doesn't do anything if you try it) so will have to buck their ideas up or risk a fine.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
polomint38

Post by polomint38 »

bindeweede wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:30 pmvolunteering in my charity shop, with mask and visor.
What no hair net?
Matt

Post by Matt »

chaggle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm This seems to me to be a relaxation of the rules.
Only in a specific and very limited way.
chaggle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm Have I understood correctly?
Only in a specific and very limited way.

:lol