No and low alcohol drinks

chaggle

No and low alcohol drinks

Post by chaggle »

As it appears that a couple of us drink these I thought a thread would be in order - and leave the Seasonal Spirits thread to the connoisseurs

Some points:

I really like Becks Blue 0.0% Lager and have got through loads of it this year - and I'm on it now as I'm doing No-vember. It's cheap, £7 for 15 bottles from Morrison's.

Morrison's also do a 1% cider which is astonishingly good - can't tell it from the real thing - and it's only £1 for a 50cc bottle.

It really pisses me off how expensive no-and-low drinks are in pubs. In our local (a Marston's) a bottle of Becks Blue is about £3.50. :ey

I do drink alcohol in pubs (rarely at home) but I would love to be able to have something alcohol free at a reasonable price and surely this would be good for general health and road safety for a start and should be encouraged.

I have heard that alcohol free draught lager is available in some places - anyone know what it's like and what it costs?
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Re: No and low alcohol drinks

Post by Tony.Williams »

I drink a lot of Bavaria lager (confusingly, from the Netherlands) which I find an acceptable thirst quencher, although it doesn't generally get good reviews. Last time I looked Tesco stocked it, or you can buy it in bulk from amazon - a 24-pack (330 ml) order costs around £12, which is a lot cheaper than most.