Charles, The Alternative Prince: An Unauthorized Biography.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Charles, The Alternative Prince: An Unauthorized Biography.

Post by bindeweede »

Harriet Hall gives a brief preview of this new publication by Edzard Ernst.
Edzard Ernst has a new book out: Charles, The Alternative Prince: An Unauthorized Biography. I wrote a full book review that will appear in the next issue of Skeptical Inquirer magazine, but I wanted to give my readers on Science-Based Medicine a heads-up. Charles’ efforts to promote alternative medicine have been mentioned many times on SBM, but readers may not appreciate the depth of his folly. I know I didn’t, until I read this book. The full story has never been told until now.

Ernst uses Prince Charles’ own words to demonstrate his ignorance of science and medicine. He thinks conventional medicine is nothing but “pills and procedures”. At the age of 34, he had the chutzpah to lecture to the members of the British Medical Association on the power of spiritualism, urging them to follow their intuition rather than look for scientific evidence. He has always been intuitively averse to scientific materialism and was drawn to mysticism. He fell under the influence of disreputable advisers such as Laurens van der Post, who was a compulsive liar and who impregnated a 14-year-old girl.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/prince ... -medicine/
chaggle

Re: Charles, The Alternative Prince: An Unauthorized Biography.

Post by chaggle »

Interesting read. :thumb
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con