New site launched

Dr B

Re: New site launched

Post by Dr B »

But I did give them a chance and I'm not sure what makes you think I did not?

There were some 'repeat' signs building towards my perception, across a number of interactions, which intimated to me that it was not the right place for me. Not worth discussing really and I was clear that I wished them well for the future, but one that will not involve me or any further contribution from me.

My percpetions are evidence-based and it seems a few here arrived at similar conclusions for different reasons. I'm not discussing the details as that would be unfair to them and I am trying to be cordial about it. Like I said, I do wish them well.
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

Fair enough, Dr B. Horses for courses and all that.

My spiritual home is skeptical community, and that really is a tough playground; not many have stayed the course. Pretty much anything goes as long as it's legal.
panama

Post by panama »

One egotistical arsehole removed. Chillzero would like to invite everybody to give the new place another go.

(If I'm speaking out of turn, anyone, please forgive me)
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

There's some interesting stuff and I do look over there. I do find here has more humour and seems friendlier and therefore I feel more confident about posting. But I have posted there (and there may be a prize if anybody can spot my feet) :D
JonDonnis

Post by JonDonnis »

panama wrote:One egotistical arsehole removed. Chillzero would like to invite everybody to give the new place another go.

Yes you are speaking out of turn, and it is bad practice trying to steal members from one forum to go to another.
Chillzero is arrogant egotistical and generally bad person.

Makes me look like a puppy dog in comparison.

Anyway if you wish to attack me or insult me, do NOT do it on here, as that is not fair on the owner of this forum.

You know where I am, otherwise keep it shut
smudge

Post by smudge »

JonDonnis wrote:
panama wrote:One egotistical arsehole removed. Chillzero would like to invite everybody to give the new place another go.

Yes you are speaking out of turn, and it is bad practice trying to steal members from one forum to go to another.
Chillzero is arrogant egotistical and generally bad person.

Makes me look like a puppy dog in comparison.

Anyway if you wish to attack me or insult me, do NOT do it on here, as that is not fair on the owner of this forum.

You know where I am, otherwise keep it shut

All hail the mighty puppy dog Donnis!
We are humbled by your presence.
We thank thee for this lesson in goodness.
Truly awed are we by your wisdom! Oh paragon of virtue, oh embodiment of modesty, oh angel of altruism!
Shame on ye damned Panama! Foiled in your evil plans! Caught conspiring with evil doers, Chill demons from other realms. The true, pure, light of puppy-dog Donnis has found thee out!
And lo, it came to pass that the pot claimed that the kettle was black....

But we just laughed our arses off. :lol:
DrS

Post by DrS »

Which "egotistical arsehole"? and who removed whichever one it was? Haven't looked at it for a while so not up to speed.

edit: OK have just had a look.

Just read "However, with a small site, that can be difficult, and the possibility of driving away the core membership base can become a clear possibility." yep, we warned that would happen, and it happened. Hope it works for them without the academics they clearly don't want. I'm happy here.
JonDonnis

Post by JonDonnis »

DrS wrote:Which "egotistical arsehole"? and who removed whichever one it was? Haven't looked at it for a while so not up to speed.
That would be me who was removed, for daring to criticise the "former psychic" who runs that site.
Just read "However, with a small site, that can be difficult, and the possibility of driving away the core membership base can become a clear possibility." yep, we warned that would happen, and it happened. Hope it works for them without the academics they clearly don't want. I'm happy here.
I don't see the point in that site at all.
As a forum for the former members of UKS you have this one, run by the very respected Tom.

You will note I have not criticised or attacked anyone on here, because this forum is run well, and to its own purposes and goals.
smudge

Post by smudge »

JonDonnis wrote:
That would be me who was removed, for daring to criticise the "former psychic" who runs that site.
Better late than never.
I'm pretty sure other reasons would have contributed to the decision.
JonDonnis wrote:
You will note I have not criticised or attacked anyone on here, because this forum is run well, and to its own purposes and goals.
Apart from just having criticised someone on this very thread! Not to mention other regulars you've slagged off or insulted elsewhere.
Stirring shit seems to be your only purpose in life. Kinda tiresome....
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

*SIGH* If you don't like a forum, its members and rules, don't post there. It's hardly rocket science.
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

thIS sIGnaTure iS an
smudge

Post by smudge »

I've not been over there for some time. Hmm...
I still think the central idea is a good one- a UK based Skeptic site with info, event listing and forum.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

When I do go there and click on 'What's new' quite often there's nothing so I don't search further. I think it would be better set up like this forum, where all the latest stuff is there at a glance....well written and informative articles on there though.
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

smudge wrote:I've not been over there for some time. Hmm...
I still think the central idea is a good one- a UK based Skeptic site with info, event listing and forum.
Yes agreed. But people aren't using it so we're not going to it and using it so . . .
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Tinkerbell wrote:When I do go there and click on 'What's new' quite often there's nothing so I don't search further. I think it would be better set up like this forum, where all the latest stuff is there at a glance...
Yes. It's a small thing, but it is annoying if you only drop in once a week and are not be able to just call up everything that you've missed. I actually once stopped using a forum for exactly that reason - I couldn't be bothered to trawl through it trying to find the new bits.
Tinkerbell wrote: well written and informative articles on there though.
I'm sure there are but I never think to look for them. My problem rather than a fundamental issue with SUK, although if there were links from the forum or if they popped up when I clicked "what's new" then I would look at them.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an